Yield: 14 servings (1 cup)
- 1 lb Elbow Macaroni
- 8 c Whole Milk
- 2 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Dry Mustard
- 1/2 c Butter
- 1/2 c Flour
- 24 oz PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese
- 2 c Shredded White Cheddar Cheese, Divided
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Salt the water and then cook the macaroni for 8-10 minutes or just until tender. Drain and hold.
- Bring the milk, salt, pepper and dry mustard to a simmer in a large pot.
- While the milk is heating, melt the butter in a saucepan. Mix in the flour to prepare a roux and cook for 3 minutes.
- Whisk the roux into the warmed milk. Continue cooking over low heat until the sauce has thickened and is smooth.
- Add the cream cheese and 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese. Whisk until melted.
- Combine the cheese sauce and cooked macaroni. Portion into prepared serving dishes and top with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes until heated trough and top has browned.